PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) — Holiday season songs can put you in a festive mood, but a new study says your favorite Christmas songs may be linked to dangerous driving.
Car insurance provider Chill Insurance says Christmas songs can be dangerous to listen to while driving based on analyzing the beats per minute of each song. According to the insurance’s newest study, songs with a BPM over 120 are linked to an increase of dangerous driving.
Here’s their naughty list when it comes to the top ten most dangerous Christmas songs to listen to while driving, including each song’s BPM:
- Gene Autry, ‘Frosty the Snowman,’ 172 BPM
- Mariah Carey, ‘All I want for Christmas,’ 150 BPM
- Jose Feliciano, ‘Feliz Navidad,’ 149 BPM
- Jackson 5, ‘Santa Claus is Comin’ To Town,’ 147 BPM
- John Lennon and Yoko Ono, ‘Happy Xmas (War is Over),’ 146 BPM
- Frank Sinatra, ‘Let It Snow! Let it Snow! Let It Snow!,’ 143 BPM
- Gene Autry, ‘Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,’ 142 BPM
- Wizzard, ‘I Wish it Could be Christmas Every Day,’ 140 BPM
- Judy Garland, ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,’ 137 BPM
- Jackson 5, ‘I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus,’ 129 BPM
Copyright 2021 KPHO/KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.