NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Ikea is raising its starting wages for U.S. workers to $16 per hour.
Ikea officials announced the latest wage update with some hourly wages starting at $17 or $18, depending on location. It is expected to bring the average hourly wage to $20.
The new starting wage is effective beginning January 1, 2022, and will apply to full-time, part-time, temporary, and seasonal co-workers across the country.
The company has also enhanced its comprehensive benefits package to now include:
- A minimum of five weeks of paid time away from work for all workers
- Education assistance
- Back-up child and adult care
Watch “Rush Hour” weeknights at 6/5c on NewsNation.
Most U.S. co-workers will also receive the “One IKEA Bonus,” a performance-based payout totaling $76 million.
- Police Officer who fired shot that killed Breonna Taylor appeals firing
- Ikea raises starting pay to $16 per hour, offers updated benefit package
- Wisconsin governor dispatches National Guard ahead of Rittenhouse verdict
- People who decorate for Christmas early are happier, study says
- Homeowner spreads joy as Black Santa one year after receiving racist letter about Christmas display